Dec 04, 2020
On-site medical facilities at the LNG Canada project site
The LNG Canada Project site has on-site medical facilities staffed by more than a dozen healthcare professionals and emergency response team (ERT) members that are available to project workers 24-7.
International SOS (ISOS), a global health and security services firm, operates the project’s on-site medical clinics. ISOS is trained in COVID-19 safety and screening measures as well as care for patients with the virus.
Providing professional medical care at our worksite greatly reduces the need for off-site services.
On-site resources include:
- Two nurse practitioners
- Three registered nurses
- Seven emergency response team members, of which 3 are primary care paramedics
- Three medical clinics
- Four advanced care paramedics, who provide around-the-clock medical services
- Virtual access to the physician medical director 24/7 for consultations from the nurse practitioner, when needed.
Additional resources and equipment have been introduced to manage COVID-19 prevention and care. These include:
- Isolation wings in our workforce accommodation centres where any resident with symptoms or confirmed COVID-19 infection is housed and receives services and care in seclusion from the rest of the population.
- Increased staffing of medical professionals
- On-site COVID-19 swabs for workers as directed by health authorities
- Increased supplies of medical grade oxygen
- Non-medical Personal Care Attendants to assist worker accommodation centre residents in isolation wings
Services are provided at a number of locations on site and in worker accommodation centres, providing a range of medical support services that include occupational, non-occupational and mental health support.