Dec 17, 2020
Statement from LNG Canada and JGC I Fluor JV: new positive cases of COVID-19 at the LNG Canada project site
Northern Health Authority has identified new positive COVID-19 cases among Diversified Transportation employees providing services to the LNG Canada Project in Kitimat, B.C.
These cases are unrelated to the positive cases that were announced on November 19, 2020 and at this point in time there is no evidence of transmission between the drivers and passengers.
Northern Health has inspected our project site and recommends that we maintain our current COVID-19 safety practices and continue to be vigilant at all times.
While the second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic has proven to be more challenging than the first, the safety and well-being of our workforce, local First Nations, and the surrounding communities remains the top priority for LNG Canada and JGC ꞁ Fluor JV.
We continue to work closely with Northern Health to prevent and reduce transmission of the virus.
To manage COVID-19 care at our project site, we continue to implement the following resources and equipment:
- Isolation wings in our workforce accommodation centres where any resident with symptoms or confirmed COVID-19 infection is housed and receives services and care in seclusion from the rest of the population.
- Increased staffing of medical professionals.
- On-site COVID-19 swabs for workers as directed by health authorities.
- Increased supplies of medical grade oxygen.
- Non-medical Personal Care Attendants to assist worker accommodation centre residents in isolation wings.
COVID-19-related data and information are within the Northern Health jurisdiction, and information relating to cases and individuals are subject to strict privacy laws. Questions with respect to such information should be directed to Northern Health.